Jayne and Sam in Malawi!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome to Malawi

Hello and welcome to Malawi - we are finally here! Be assurred that we are safe and well. Today is our 6th day in the country and this is the first time I have been able to get access to a PC and to an Internet connection. It has been an amazing time - simply extraordinary. My intention is to give you a full account, but at the moment, this is not possible - my time on this particular machine is limited to a few minutes and so I will have to sign off shortly. I hope I have managed to wet your appetites for the news to come though; believe me, it is worth reading. I don't know when you will next hear from us. However, I would like you to know that you are all in our thoughts and that we are missing you greatly. Equally though, I know that our time in Malawi is going to be well spent and that the decision to come here to work with 'Joy to the World Ministries' was the right one. There is so much need here; it is utterly gut wrenching to see the level of poverty here. If I have learnt anything in the last 6 days though, it is that pity and tears are absolutely no good; what's needed is practical help and love. Our intention is to give both. We will see you soon - please keep us all in your thoughts and your prayers.