Jayne and Sam in Malawi!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Clock is Ticking!

Oh boy – the clock is really ticking now – there are only two weeks to go before Sam and I begin our journey to Malawi. Yet there’s still so much that we need to do – aaahhhh. Am I stressed? Just a little!

Poor Sam has been feeling a bit stressed himself lately; he has just had a large quantity of blood taken from his front leg so that various tests can be carried out. I’ve explained to him that this has to be done so that the vet can ‘sign off’ his travel permits, but he’s not impressed! Quite frankly, I can’t say I blame him – I have had ten pre-travel jags, so I know exactly how unpleasant needles can be. We’re all jagged out!

Anyway, on a positive note, this is an amazingly exciting time and in all fairness, it is only the paperwork side of things that is causing any real headaches for us. Never has the word ‘bureaucratic’ held such meaning for me. But I know we will get there.

Hopefully when you read our next blog, you will hear that all tests have been completed, that the results are back, that all our documents have arrived and are in place, that all our things are packed and that we are (finally) ready for the off. Here’s hoping!